Select Entry Academic Learning
The Select Entry Academic Learning (SEAL) Program addresses the needs of those students who are of high intellectual potential and display a range of exceptional abilities across their studies.
English, Humanities, Mathematics & Science
The Sandringham College SEAL program extends and accelerates students in English, Humanities, Mathematics and Science.
It explicitly builds critical and creative thinking skills, and includes philosophical and independent inquiry and problem-solving at each year level. SEAL students participate in a range of extension and special extracurricular activities throughout the year and are expected to participate in at least one of the College’s arts, sports, student voice or leadership programs.
The Sandringham College SEAL program:
- Provides gifted education for all students in English, Mathematics, Science and Humanities
- Covers traditional subjects in a shorter time and encourages abstract and critical thinking
- Is designed to enhance academic, creative and leadership potential Enables students to interact with their intellectual peers, without compromising social relationships and development
- Recognises and responds to the specific differences, interests and needs of High Intellectual Potential students
- Caters for students’ social and emotional development by providing support and extension in to the VCE
- Staffs the program with specifically selected teachers, chosen for their passion, superior teaching ability, their skill with challenging and engaging gifted students
Sandringham College’s SEAL program is structured to cater to the differing needs of exceptional students.
SEAL Applications for 2023
Entry to the SEAL program at Year 7 level is by application and entrance exam.
The 2023 SEAL entry examination will be held 9am-12pm Saturday 6 August 2022 at our Bluff Rd campus Discovery Centre. Applications to sit the SEAL entry examination close 29 July 2022. Please apply by clicking the Apply now button below.
Special conditions – In accordance with the Department of Education Placement Policy “Student tests or entry interviews must not occur prior to Year 7 placement offers, including offers based on curriculum grounds.”
Therefore, if you are considering applying for the SEAL program at Sandringham College you will need to nominate Sandringham College as your first preference school when completing the statewide “Application for Year 7 Placement 2023 form” to be eligible for testing. All students offered enrolment at Sandringham College for Year 7 in 2023 will be invited to register for the SEAL examination.
For more information please contact us (03) 8599 0500.
Please note applications for the 2022 SEAL program have now closed.